In general, almond plant with the scientific name of prunus amygdalus is native to Central Asia and Iran. The largest producer of this product in the world is the United States of America. Iran is the fourth largest producer of almonds. (Almond production is strongly influenced by the type of climate.)
Paper skin almonds are a valuable source of protein, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and vitamin E. One of the best varieties due to the high quality of the product and its reasonable price is paper almonds, which in addition to exporting abroad, in The domestic market is also popular.
Paper skin almond is a type of tree almond that has a thin and brittle bark. This cultivar, like Azar almond, Mamra almond and Shahroudi almond cultivars, has 12 incompatible fertility and also its fruiting habit is of spore type. In terms of flowering time, it is considered early flowering and productive. Paper almond is also known as white almond or Najafabadi. The useful life of this plant is about 25 to 30 years, its kernel percentage is estimated at 55% and the percentage Grain twins are very few and far between.
The almond blossoms are white to pale pink like cherry blossoms, the leaves are lanceolate, long, slender and slightly wavy, and the almond fruits are hairy and green; often only one seed or kernel is formed inside the fruit (2-seed filling occurs very rarely inside the fruit).
Paper almond cultivar is not suitable for planting in areas with late spring cold due to its early flowering. The best area for planting almond seedlings is a place that has no restrictions on receiving light because low light disrupts the growth and productivity of the plant (slopes to the south is the best place to plant almond trees).
Properties of paper almonds
Extraordinary properties have been mentioned for almond kernels, including:
- Treatment of constipation and laxatives
- Due to its high calcium content, it leads to strong bones.
- Existence of large amounts of vitamin E, which affects the health and beauty of the skin.
- Consumption of almonds with milk is recommended to quench thirst during fasting.
- Almond powder with honey is effective in treating liver disorders.
- Consumption of almond paste strengthens the roots of teeth and gums.
- Almond oil has skin softening and anti-inflammatory properties.