Saffron is a bulbous plant with light purple flowers that are grown in temperate regions in Iran. The bottom of the saffron stem has a protrusion, which is the same as the saffron bulb. Its stigma is reddish-orange and fragrant, and these filaments are consumed as saffron.
Iranian saffron is a plant dye that is mainly grown in Khorasan and Kerman. It is a perennial plant that grows up to 30 cm in height. This plant has purple flowers with six petals. It is a plant that is valuable because of its great quality. It is called red gold and selling saffron is the primary income of the people in the cities of Khorasan.
The part used in this plant is the end area of the cream and its stigma, which is bought and sold by name of saffron. The smell of saffron is strong, and its taste is bitter and a little spicy. The fragrant, dried, and red flag of the flower of this plant is used for flavoring and coloring foods and has medicinal uses.
Iranian saffron is very valuable because of its special nature, great features and also endeavors which is needed for its production. Iranian Saffron is a section of Crocus Sativus Lineas herb. This herb flowers only one time in a whole year.
Saffron is the most expensive spice globally, with extraordinary properties. It is one of the spice and medicinal plants cultivated in Iran, Egypt, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Switzerland, Pakistan, and Morocco. It is one of the essential sources of non-oil exports in Iran, and every year more than 75% of saffron produced in the country is exported outside Iran, including the UAE, India, and Europe.
Types of Iranian saffron
Unlike other spices, saffron has different types. The saffron strands are not the same, and this difference depends on the kind of harvest, separation (filling) of saffron flowers, the climate of the region, and finally, its quality. We have listed the types of saffron from the highest quality to the lowest rate.
- Super Negin saffron: In Super Negin saffron, the percentage of safranal and crocin has its highest amount and has very high color and aroma compared to other types of saffron.
- Pseudo-Negin saffron: The coloring of this type of saffron is far more than other types of saffron, but it does not reach Super Negin saffron.
- Negin saffron: In Negin saffron, there is no curvature and curvature of saffron strings, and the branches are separate and completely red.
- Sargol saffron: There is no yellow and whiteness (root) in Sargol saffron, and it is the most widely used type of saffron.
- Straw of saffron: Straw saffron is saffron that has red stigmas with some cream (root).
- Stem of saffron: In this type of saffron, saffron stigmas are dried by stacking them together.
- Saffron root: The white part of saffron at the end of the saffron stigma is called saffron root.
Other saffron products include saffron petals, saffron yellowing.
Fruityland corporation can supply dear worldwide customers below saffron parts:
(each of them has its own specifications)
|Saffron Type||Approximate size/Cm||color|
|sargol||1||Dark red /Carmine|
|Super Negin||1.5 – 2||Red|
|Pushal||1 – 1.5||Red & yellow|
|Bunch||2 – 3||Red & yellow|
|konj||0.5 – 1||Yellow|
Iranian saffron request price
- select your needed saffron from above box.
- fill the pre-order form which is available in related product page in order to specify your required product and its Specifications, required services. So, you will be informed by the newest price according to your order.
*** kindly be note that price of saffron is variable and will calculate according to many factors: characteristics of product (Grade,Packing,Form) ,required services, terms of shipment and …
(appearance characteristics of each type also mentioned).
Usage & Benefits of saffron
Saffron has many usages as an aromatic and colorful spice. saffron is known as a magic condiment which consuming even small amount of this spice will cause a delicious and unique taste in any foodstuffs and also you will have pretty color food by using this flavor as a component.
The most important properties of saffron:
- Treat depression and increase happiness
- The property of increasing intelligence and memory power
- Adjust the body clock and improve the sleep cycle
- Treatment of hair loss
- Treatment of respiratory disorders and chronic cough
- Using saffron for beauty
- Improve muscle pain
- Reduce heart attacks and strokes
- Reduce the progression and incidence of cancer
- Prevent saffron Alzheimer’s
- Prevention of gastrointestinal diseases
Every year, harvesting time for Iranian saffron normally starts in the middle of October and It lasts up to a month. In this harvesting season period, every day many people in Khorasan picks lilac flowers before sunrise then transfer, dry and process the stigmas of flowers. For maintaining the color & taste of saffron and also its permanent freshness, the processing and packaging steps should take into action rapidly.
Nutrition value table
|Nutritional value per 100 gIranian Saffron|
|Total Fat:||5.75 g|
|Dietary Fiber:||3.8 g|
|Vitamins & Minerals|
Export of Iranian saffron
Iran is the first and top exporter of saffron in the world. Saffron is considered a popular spice globally, especially in Iran, which is used to color and flavor various foods and beverages. Currently, famous chefs from all over the globe use saffron to prepare multiple foods. The demand for saffron in foreign markets is very high, and different countries buy saffron from Iran. Saffron export companies are, in fact, reputable and centralized companies that make the export of this precious spice very easy; they provide facilities for the saffron harvested from the ground, adequately packaged, and prepared for export. Fruityland Company, considering the needs of foreign customers to buy this precious spice, implements the correct pricing strategy and international marketing methods, and finally, performs the export steps.
The number of saffron exports globally is significant, and its dollar revenue volume is growing positively every month. If you look at the statistics recorded in export and import sources, you will notice these changes. The sale and export of saffron to foreign countries is a positive source of income for the country.
Saffron is a non-oil export commodity, so it requires excellent investment. The best saffron from Khorasan province is prepared in standard packages in different weights for sale to foreign customers. The packaging of saffron and its quality plays an essential role in attracting customers. In this article, you will get acquainted with the export steps of different types of saffron.
Iranian saffron can be preserved for 20 days before packing (Fresh form) in a cool weather condition such as a refrigerator. Dried and packed saffron can be stored for a long time at a normal room temperature away from direct sunlight.
Shipping and delivery of Iranian saffron
Fruityland company can also take all necessary circumstances for transferring and shipping the products by years of experience in exporting fresh/dried fruits and nuts worldwide.
This company can make contracts in FOB or CFR depending on customer demands with refrigerated or dry containers.
Fruityland also has offices in Dubai And Turkey for ease of financial transactions.